of the Regnum Christi Lay Consecrated Men’s Extraordinary General Assembly
Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico. January 3, 2018
- Within the framework of the process of renewal of the Regnum Christi Movement, the Extraordinary General Assembly of Regnum Christi Lay Consecrated Men took place in Chapala (Jalisco, Mexico) from December 27, 2017 to January 3, 2018. 59 members of the RC Lay Consecrated Men and some special guests from other branches of the movement attended.
- The RC Lay Consecrated Men considered their canonical form in light of the developing process of the juridical configuration of Regnum Christi as a whole, and the direction given by the Congregation of Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life (CIVCSVA). After deliberation, the assembly decided to present a proposal to the Holy See to establish the RC Lay Consecrated Men as a Society of Apostolic Life.
- The assembly reviewed and unanimously approved the new constitutions of the Society of Apostolic Life that will be submitted to the Holy See for approval.
- They analyzed the draft of the General Statute of Regnum Christi and its main themes regarding charism and organization.
- The Extraordinary General Assembly decided that they want the RC Lay Consecrated Men federated together with the Consecrated Women of Regnum Christi and the Legionaries of Christ, according to the proposal in the draft of the General Statute.
- The extraordinary general assembly will schedule a second session for late 2018. For this session, it was determined those in the general government and eight elected members will participate.